Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revenue
I doubt anyone remembers me and I sure can't believe I stumbled across this, but wow is this a blast from the past.

Anyways, I had thoughts on generating revenue when game goes live.
I'm a firm believer that having the game free to play is crucial in a game like this in order to get people in and hooked.

I think getting a lot of people playing and charging small amounts (not forced to do) is how you grow exponentially.

Let's says first 3 set of ship plans, weapons, additions, etc... just cost gold and experience. Lure people in, let them get a little strong, and get hooked on the game. Some people may stop here and that's ok.

Examples:
Guilds cost $5 to make
Ship plans 4 cost $2 plus gold and experience
Higher level weapon plans cost $2 plus gold and experience

Ship plans 5 cost $2. Etc...

You get the point.
Lure people in, then have ingame items cost money. To even out. Let's say to max out everything would cost $50. But this is in small increments. You get more players lured in for free. Upgrade at small costs. You make same money or more in the end due to more players.

Just my 2 cents
-RC
MEMBERS OF THE EMPIRE RETURN!!!!

Smile

Dude I added everyone with the name Red Cloud on skype I could find hoping to run into you. How the hell ya been?
(10-29-2015, 05:53 PM)StarReaper Wrote: MEMBERS OF THE EMPIRE RETURN!!!!

Smile

Dude I added everyone with the name Red Cloud on skype I could find hoping to run into you. How the hell ya been?

I haven't used the name 'Red Cloud' since the diaspora days... you'd of never found me.    

All is going well, how about yourself?
(10-30-2015, 04:59 PM)Red_Cloud Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 05:53 PM)StarReaper Wrote: MEMBERS OF THE EMPIRE RETURN!!!!

Smile

I haven't used the name 'Red Cloud' since the diaspora days... you'd of never found me.    

All is going well, how about yourself?

I definitely remember Red Cloud...you were on all the time back in the day.  I was in The Empire when it was kicking ass and taking names.
Steam user: Septic0re [The Dragon Reborn]
When Empire was running full steam man we had so much talent in that thing it was unreal Smile
Back to the OP I like the idea of small charges here and there, I'm not looking to get rich off bringing this back, it wouldn't hurt to make some money and be able to really support the game like it needs to be supported however.

Having a little pay to play on the guilds might be nice, it would cut down on people just making new ones constantly as well.