Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Researches Needed Create A Tech!
Different path a player can take. So defence research. Different type of hull material or different type shield energy but can choose only one and then it brances off into something else. But also to research that item you also have to build it or you can buy it in market. To build it you have to gather resorces needed to build that item then you can either use it or sell it to make money.

Different path a player can take. So defence research. Different type of hull material or different type shield energy but can choose only one and then it brances off into something else. But also to research that item you also have to build it or you can buy it in market. To build it you have to gather resorces needed to build that item then you can either use it or sell it to make money.
Emperor Romulous. I am Rome.
Research for ranges, fire rates, shields, cargo, jump speed all will be created. Need some more to fill out a good solid tech tree to add that little extra in game.
Everyone hates to trade well most everyone. Why because its slow and takes forever. So what if you get bonuses from a zone depending on what you are doing and for how long...

Say trading for 1 hour you get Slight speed bonus different for each type of ship of course.
If your hunting maybe small boost in gun speed or damage. Something to reward player for being consistent just a small incentive.
or maybe for a price let you see price of trade goods at another planet without actually going to the planet once every 45mins.
And your thinking this is for a player spending time in a zone for a longer time? Like almost hes learning the lay of the land?
Yeah maybe just till certain level for helping out when geting started . Say once you have a ship past certain level even if its in your cargo bay you no longer receive these bonuses.
As you get further in your research tree what about adding items required plus the research time this would mean that people actually have to get out and kill stuff or at least move around in the zones.Either a Trade item or drop item off of bots.
Research : Pirate
Possible Gain: my idea was to reasearch pirate you could steal goods off a trader or guns ,misc, or even take over a ship.
but to unlock this research you have to get to a certain rank and also complete a quest to unlock it and the costing would be greate as this could be a different way of makeing money in the game also we have Pirates in the game,
Emperor Romulous. I am Rome.
So thought I would bring this post back to life with ideas for different researches.

Current Ideas:
- Galactic Trader: 5 levels. Each one offering a +1 and -1 to sell and buy prices respectively.
- Cybernectic Enhancements: 5 levels. Each one offering the pilot to attain pilot abilities at Common, Rare, Super Rare, Epic and Legendary pilot abilities.
- Faster Than Light: 1 Level. 50 000 000 (yes 50mil) cost. Unlocks at 18. Abilities to jump 2 nodes at a time will cool down time. Only be used so many times within a set time limit or..... self destruct! Yes I’m serious. Lol give players a hard cap to stop abuse, you abuse it, you go straight to home planet.
- Miner: 10 levels. Boost drop rate at 1% increments of loot gained from asteroids.
- Advanced Ship Modifaction - Structural: 3 Levels. Allows an extra 3 misc slots for either addition cargo, hull or shields pods only.
- Advanced Ship Modifaction - Warfare: 3 Levels. Allows an extra 3 warfare slots for Jammers, Blockers etc.