Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken. Near Unplayable. Not what we supported.
Fix it. Now.

You have sacrificed player enjoyment for increased difficulty.
At least when it was "easy" as you say it was enjoyable, now its damn near unplayable.
This isn't Dias. Its some weird concoction that only resembles Dias through the ships and map.
Get rid of this "Tier Balancing" fiasco. Dial back the bots. You want the Rin to be harder? Then up their weapons slightly, not to this extent.
Bring back guild rewards for kills. Give us back our OG ship progression. Gives us our freedom to play with our own style, and not this "1 way or die" style that everyone will have to adapt to.

The OG game died, not through lack of enjoyment, not through lack of difficulty, but through lack of maintenance, unstable servers, and debilitating lag.
This farmville research crap for jump progression needs to be scrapped, limiting players to a specific time frame for their game progression.... it's not on.
You want this game to succeed? Be enjoyable? Then scrap this reboot idea you seem to have and give the players the game they actually want?

When this game was announced, you know what we all thought? "Fuck yes, the game we fell in love with is coming back with new ui and graphics" And that is why we came back, because that game was fun. This.... this isn't fun. You want to make some tweaks? We could be on board with that depending on the tweak. But the game as it is, and the direction you are taking it... none of us want a part of it, and it will be an utter failure without the returning OGs and a system that nurtures new players.

You have successfully disappointed every last OG player, and created a game that has set time frames for player progression, rather than the ability to progress at ones own speed.

The rank system is cool, I think we all agree you should keep that. But limiting the speed at which any player can progress, no... stop it. If a player wants to put in huge amounts of time to do what a normal player would do in a week in a day, that is up to them. If they want to do in a week what it would take another to do in a month, also up to them. Stop trying to determine how players should play, and instead release the leash so we can play at our own pace.

Gen zone.... Restrict the defenders to the nodes directly between the 3 planets. Don't have them wandering all over the place killing bots that players desperately need to progress. Gen Raiders... keep them out of those lanes so new players have chance to do some trading without getting blown away.

This is what your players want. This is how you save this game and bring back the enjoyment. Continue down the current path your are taking and this game is going to die before it ever gets a chance to flourish, and that is something we don't want to see.
OG you had to work a hell of a lot harder and longer than current game to get where you were. We were up all night re adjusting the Ai based on player feed back. We will adjust the Gen Raiders - Defender boundaries though.
(05-28-2018, 07:05 AM)StarReaper Wrote: OG you had to work a hell of a lot harder and longer than current game to get where you were. We were up all night re adjusting the Ai based on player feed back. We will adjust the Gen Raiders - Defender boundaries though.

OG took longer once you were in a Talos hunting Rin to grind out xp to advance onto Nerry, yes, but never for the life of me did I ever spend this long in a zeph/arach ship. The early progression was fast, getting players used to the controls and moving them out of gen to make room for new players. This however, trying to "balance" ships in tiers, and putting research timers on jump range has bunched the players together, not allowing those who can put extra time in to reap the benefits, and forcing everyone to play a specific way, not allowing any deviation in progression.

Those players who want to put in the hard yards to progress faster are now stalled because they can't farm the Rin because your AI buff has made AI across the board stronger, but that hasn't resulted in an xp increase for successful kills, or extra reward, considering people in Arach Behe's take an utter beating from the only things that give them xp (Rin atty/dessy/behe) and are now forced, without choice, to trade in order to progress in their xp farming.

And no player in their sane mind would say "Hey, you need to buff all of the AI so they rip apart anyone who jumps in on them, causing pops to players every few minutes" because that is what is happening right now. Players can't even leave the planet without getting popped.

You've brought progression to a grinding halt, because another thing, is players are now forced to group just to take down AI that by right should be solo-able. Many players don't want to be in groups, sharing xp, but they now have no choice. The buff to AI would have been bearable if you only ever came across them on their own, but they swarm and pop players now before they even have a chance to charge their jump. 2-3 seconds and a player pops to a handful of fighters/hunters.

We don't mind a bit of a challenge, but you've made it unplayable for solo players and even small groups, with these AI buffs on top of the restrictions to ship progression. It was said that a Rank 4 player shouldn't be hunting Rin earlier today.... Then our only choice is klynn and gen crusaders.... that give pitiful amounts of xp considering the large amounts required to rank up. This is now making the grind even worse than OG. Not a single player has said they like this new patch. There has been nothing but dislike/hate for it in game.
Have you tried it since we rolled the stats back to a little easier Ai?
i was flying back to my home planet in gen zone in my arcane freighter, jumped into a node with 5 gen raiders and they all started shooting me, i jumped to the second node and got popped on that node. 

i have lost 5 ships since the update. the AI are too strong even in the beginner zone, you won't have new players staying with the game with such strong AI, i haven't played an MMORPG with such slow progression during the early stages of the game. 

i am done for now, no point playing with my ships popped here and there. 

hope something is changed as i really love this game. 
(05-28-2018, 08:41 AM)StarReaper Wrote: Have you tried it sense we rolled the stats back to a little easier Ai?

I've been playing for almost 12 hours straight (foregoing downtime for patching), so that would be a yes. I don't dispute making the AI do a little more damage, but not in the lowbie areas, and not to the extent they are currently. 1 on 1 the damage they put out is fine, but you rarely find them 1 on 1. And they do so much damage you are forced to put your shield up immediately to fight back. But then more jump in, and you have 0 chance of surviving because the moment that shield comes down to charge your jump you die in 2 seconds. Leaving a planet to farm is almost suicide, and definitely suicide if you jump in on more than 1 hostile.
Alright so how about this and we can adjust as the population rises in game.

Gen Defender Behos travel the trade lanes like normal, and shoot anyone hostile or starting a fight

We add a Gen Defender 2 set of ships that's all hunters, fighters, and attackers mirroring gen raiders, and they battle it out and that will keep the raider population lower?
Either that or we can lower the raiders a little more?

We can adjust the jump range research to say 4-5 hours leads to faster move out.

Add miners ai, add another ai group to dysillica - Endy station area, and raise klynn rank so they pay a little better.

?
(05-28-2018, 08:58 AM)StarReaper Wrote: Alright so how about this and we can adjust as the population rises in game.

Gen Defender Behos travel the trade lanes like normal, and shoot anyone hostile or starting a fight

We add a Gen Defender 2 set of ships that's all hunters, fighters, and attackers mirroring gen raiders, and they battle it out and that will keep the raider population lower?
Either that or we can lower the raiders a little more?

We can adjust the jump range research to say 4-5 hours leads to faster move out.

Add miners ai, add another ai group to dysillica - Endy station area, and raise klynn rank so they pay a little better.

?

Raiders are only in the start zone and only affect newbies. They were perfectly fine as is for new players to deal with when they had the PLS beams. Now that their weapons have been upgraded they are putting out too much damage for newbies. Klynn... I'd say their damage is perfectly fine. Gen Crusaders.... the atty hits a little hard, if you are unlucky to jump in on more than one you are done for, especially if there are a couple hunters with it, so maybe just a slight reduction to the atty damage. Rin are beyond a joke. You might as well be jumping in on a player. Even in an Arach Behe they can pop you easily if there is a few of them.

Klynn pay fine, as they don't do much damage, so you can pop a heap of them and break even, if not make a profit on them. Its the Rin that hit too hard and reward too little. You don't even come close to breaking even, its just massive loss after massive loss for anyone high enough to take on Rin. Taking on Rin is a one way ticket to being broke within less than an hour.
Part of the issue is the HP on all the ships need to go up a little so you don't get popper quite so fast. Its to low for the damage output. Hence Rin are a bit to rough. But weapon gens have basically the same weapon we just added more. We want to get it so it's not a complete breeze but we don't want it to be in enjoyable. So let me and Pato change the numbers a little and see when we can patch those.
(05-28-2018, 09:22 AM)StarReaper Wrote: Part of the issue is the HP on all the ships need to go up a little so you don't get popper quite so fast. Its to low for the damage output. Hence  Rin are a bit to rough. But weapon gens have basically the same weapon we just added more. We want to get it so it's not a complete breeze but we don't want it to be in enjoyable. So let me and Pato change the numbers a little and see when we can patch those.

Like currently, I'm rank 4, and stuck in Velic zone blasting Gen Crusaders, which I'm going to have to kill a minimum of 400 of them, if not more, just to reach rank 5 because Rin would pop me in seconds in my Zeph Atty. And once at rank 5, I could at least get an Arach atty, only to still not be able to hunt Rin because the damage they put out plus their gang mentality makes it impossible to engage them away from planet. And then if you manage to sit at planet and engage, you'll likely only kill 1 or 2 before having to rep, and spending around 80k to do so, for only a few k reward. Within an hour at most you're broke and unable to repair.