Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade calculator

I made this calc for finding the best trade route between planets for Gen. Pretty basic operation, put in the buy and sell rates (all tab accessible) and the time from the countdown in the game. I'll expand it to cover other areas once I can get to them.

I get no one cares about Gen rates but if anyone else is interested in it, let me know what planets you want me to add and I'll find a host.

StarReaper, if there's a way to access the trade table information that'd be helpful Wink
AChillingSight (formally Genix Ðëæ and You_Moron)
Looks great, what did you use to build this?
Access to the quotes by api or from the site would be lovely
Or at least some in game command line like in pDiaspora

Btw I love it how that for now you don’t really have to trade
You can just haul loots from asteroids

I think this should become the new trading , because it involves more action and it’s less frustrating
I made it in html and jquery. Hopefully API access would be allowed, it'd be perfect. I saw, after posting this, that Thomo posted an excel document, oh well :p

I've noticed that, which I'm kind of torn on. I'm one of those odd players that likes trading/exploring over combat but I also don't like grinding overkill. So having 2 ways to make money is nice.

Trading should stay, but it's definitely under-powered compared to rock popping. You have slightly more risk from ai w/ roids but with trading, pkers will know the trade routes and can camp and you're still in a slow ship. Trading should have some other reward to counter the higher (imo) risk, maybe it could give xp. This would also allow players like me who don't mind trading a way to make xp. Anyways, that's getting a bit off-topic.
AChillingSight (formally Genix Ðëæ and You_Moron)
(01-06-2018, 10:40 AM)AChillingSight Wrote: I made it in html and jquery. Hopefully API access would be allowed, it'd be perfect. I saw, after posting this, that Thomo posted an excel document, oh well :p

I've noticed that, which I'm kind of torn on. I'm one of those odd players that likes trading/exploring over combat but I also don't like grinding overkill. So having 2 ways to make money is nice.

Trading should stay, but it's definitely under-powered compared to rock popping. You have slightly more risk from ai w/ roids but with trading, pkers will know the trade routes and can camp and you're still in a slow ship. Trading should have some other reward to counter the higher (imo) risk, maybe it could give xp. This would also allow players like me who don't mind trading a way to make xp. Anyways, that's getting a bit off-topic.

Interesting thoughts tho about the trading gaining exp or something else over mining due to risk
I guess its a bit too early for that in the game right now but when its time to balance the game further that might be an interesting approach