Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Progress
Hi there

I noticed that server went down for several hours earlier, but when I launched the game now I noticed my progress was significantly lost. Its like it went 8-10 hours in the past..

Can anyone help me recover the lost XP Credit and Research?

Thx
Same here, I wasn't even to level 2 and had no money so it's not a huge loss for me Tongue. Hopefully StarReaper can use the logs to figure out the cause.
AChillingSight (formally Genix Ðëæ and You_Moron)
(01-05-2018, 06:54 PM)AChillingSight Wrote: Same here, I wasn't even to level 2 and had no money so it's not a huge loss for me Tongue. Hopefully StarReaper can use the logs to figure out the cause.

Yep
Mine was kinda significant
Lost half of rank 3, a jump research and several hundred K
Sad

I imagine they turned off the server before it was able to save, or maybe just rolled back and older version of the DB
I'm guessing this will be due to the update microsoft pushed out with the Servers. And knowing what SR has said to people in the past, its Beta, so no refunds. But I could be wrong...
I am a consistent man.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/5-things-pc-gamers-need-to-know-about-the-spectre-/1100-6455934/
Yep thats the answer I got

On one hand I do understand the argument. On the other hand just thinking about resuming after losing 8-10 hours of game play knowing theres a chance itll happen again and I wont get a refund makes me not wanna do it.

So for now I think ill just wait for the full launch. I did however gather a lot of feedback and ill post it on the other thread, hopefully thatll come handy to SR and the rest of the team.
Basically we are heading towards full release and I am a gamer I feel your pain. There are games that I lose 6-8 hours because I didn't save on say Galatic Civ2 and I'm heart broken, heeaarttt broken, ran out of memory whole day wasted. However in this game you have 3-4-5 weeks or so and hopefully we will be going into full release. The backup should be set at a 1 hour clip, and barring any weird Microsoft updates pushed out without us getting any major notice we will be monitoring it after any reboot to make sure the backup is functioning how it should. You not having to redo stuff is our main goal, on the flip side at the moment I have to take the game down to and manually edit the DB. There are more than just one player who lost some stuff, and the time for the dev team is better spent creating an alert incase the cloud host pushes something like this again, and finishing up the newest patch and tossing resources at the launch platform and steam.

One more point to note is I'm very very against us even having the tools to give things on the fly. Its extremely hard to verify who lost what, so if we get emails in the future that says hey look I lost 500k out of my bank account and my beho is missing, my standard instruction to the tech support team is to ask if you were drinking and playing, then look at the code and logs see if anything weird happened. If nothing we can see happened and its not a issue where we got 500 emails in one night, were not going to be giving out money and free ships like popcorn. I hated that in the first game, anytime it happens that someone gets a hand out there better be a great reason behind it and we better fix the issue so it doesn't happen again.

Smile so not trying to be a dick or anything, as I said I'm a hardcore gamer, I also want to establish that come release the policy above will be pretty set in stone. Now if we fuck up and a bug causes people to lose stuff we wont be going and setting every update or replacing every credit, but we will go ahead and supply premium credits so you can rush or buy your way back to where you were and then some. Were not unfair or jerks Smile
(01-07-2018, 11:56 AM)StarReaper Wrote: Basically we are heading towards full release and I am a gamer I feel your pain. There are games that I lose 6-8 hours because I didn't save on say Galatic Civ2 and I'm heart broken, heeaarttt broken, ran out of memory whole day wasted. However in this game you have 3-4-5 weeks or so and hopefully we will be going into full release. The backup should be set at a 1 hour clip, and barring any weird Microsoft updates pushed out without us getting any major notice we will be monitoring it after any reboot to make sure the backup is functioning how it should. You not having to redo stuff is our main goal, on the flip side at the moment I have to take the game down to and manually edit the DB. There are more than just one player who lost some stuff, and the time for the dev team is better spent creating an alert incase the cloud host pushes something like this again, and finishing up the newest patch and tossing resources at the launch platform and steam.

One more point to note is I'm very very against us even having the tools to give things on the fly. Its extremely hard to verify who lost what, so if we get emails in the future that says hey look I lost 500k out of my bank account and my beho is missing, my standard instruction to the tech support team is to ask if you were drinking and playing, then look at the code and logs see if anything weird happened. If nothing we can see happened and its not a issue where we got 500 emails in one night, were not going to be giving out money and free ships like popcorn. I hated that in the first game, anytime it happens that someone gets a hand out there better be a great reason behind it and we better fix the issue so it doesn't happen again.

Smile so not trying to be a dick or anything, as I said I'm a hardcore gamer, I also want to establish that come release the policy above will be pretty set in stone. Now if we fuck up and a bug causes people to lose stuff we wont be going and setting every update or replacing every credit, but we will go ahead and supply premium credits so you can rush or buy your way back to where you were and then some. Were not unfair or jerks Smile

Yes reimbursing players is really a tough subject. When it’s your fault it’s the easier case but when someone comes calling there should be very clear guidelines and no gray area. Let’s just say I wish you have this trouble sooner than later, this just means game has grown and has you have a lot of players.

Regardless, at some point you should have the ability to control user stats. Not being able to do that without ringing down the server to do that is well, problematic.. That’s what happens when you develop stuff in PHP Smile)))
nah I’m kidding
I’m sure you know that already and it always falls down in the priorities - as it should at this stage of the game version.

For now I totally understand the focus on the full release, the entire point of us playing right now is to help it get there as well rounded as possible.

Can’t wait for the next version, you can count on my feedback when it comes out.