Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starter Tips?
Hello all!

Alright, so I’ve been playing for a few hours
Gotta say it’s excitingto see everything in 3D the game looks beautiful.

But it’s going tooo slowwww
So far I put about 5 hours in total, and I’m halfway rank 2.

Am I doing something wrong or should it be so slow? (And kinda boring..)

Been sticking to gen, chasing mostly the big guys riding a nisus carrier with 5 sun bursts (or are these mk? Can’t remember the ones that cost 12k each) and hauling whatever is in my way.

Credits have been slow too, stabilizing on around 100k between reps and hauls, not moving much from that. Isn’t there a guild I can join to pay me every time I kill a bot?

Tried my luck also with rins but got popped 1 down from SJ by VIM Sad

At this rate, I need to get to lvl4 to get a worthy ship, lvl3 doesn’t seem to have much to offer better than my nis carrier and it seems it’s gonna take over 10 hours of doing the same...

Any tips would be welcome as to ships, guns, zones and bots to get ahead with exp and credits.
Thx.
We will be adding better rewards for both kills, and missions shortly. Have you tried asteroid hunting over by Hy Sang?
So head over to Velic buddy and and start trading pronto from Any planets to VC when (I think it’s Zy) is high, around 50-60. This will give you some money as well as help with exp with the Genix lot. Killing these guys will also help when it comes to moving onto Rin, because of the affiliation score.

Failing that, I’ve created some super nodes down by crontas that have a ridiculous amount of cargo ready to loot (depending on your jump drive research) for new players, so help yourself.

You wanna be aiming to zip around in an Arachne Hunter for a while, then Attacker then Moth.

It’s a slow grind, with the only thing really holding you back is money. Once you get into the Rin area you’ll make exp fast, a good 3-4 hours with no need to worry about funds will get you around 30-40k exp mark I recon.
Hi Thomo, Thanks !
Ill try to make the trip to Velic with the Arachne Hunter with full jumps, hopefully I won't get popped again by Rins.
As for Crontas I suppose I need to research the range so ill get on that soon (already down to 10K from all those reps... Sad )

Whats the recommended guns setup? Until I have money for Xens, what should give me a good bang for the buck?

(12-30-2017, 10:21 PM)StarReaper Wrote: We will be adding better rewards for both kills, and missions shortly. Have you tried asteroid hunting over by Hy Sang?

Looking forward to that Smile
Ill research range so I can reach HS
thx
So for guns just get the best you can and upgrade as soon as your confident that you can hold you own, as xens are expensive. If you come out of any gen hate you wanna stick to the northern part of the star system, around LM and head to the Northern most Velic gate, that way you’ll miss all the Rin.

Yeah I would say when it comes to research, balance your Jump and Cargo evenly, aiming to finish cargo first as to begin with, it’s the most important.

Anything else give me a hola.

SR: think whilst I’m away I might set up a full on reddit page with your blessing.
Of course man Smile
(12-31-2017, 11:26 AM)Thomo_ Wrote: So for guns just get the best you can and upgrade as soon as your confident that you can hold you own, as xens are expensive. If you come out of any gen hate you wanna stick to the northern part of the star system, around LM and head to the Northern most Velic gate, that way you’ll miss all the Rin.

Yeah I would say when it comes to research, balance your Jump and Cargo evenly, aiming to finish cargo first as to begin with, it’s the most important.

SR: think whilst I’m away I might set up a full on reddit page with your blessing.

Will do !
Thx for all the tips, this helps a lot.

Will let you know how it goes, and do share that reddit link
Will do when I get it all set up. Sphinx, you able to help with some of the shit as well?
(12-31-2017, 01:50 PM)Raynor Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 11:26 AM)Thomo_ Wrote: So for guns just get the best you can and upgrade as soon as your confident that you can hold you own, as xens are expensive. If you come out of any gen hate you wanna stick to the northern part of the star system, around LM and head to the Northern most Velic gate, that way you’ll miss all the Rin.

Will do !
Thx for all the tips, this helps a lot.

Will let you know how it goes, and do share that reddit link

Alrighty then
Got some few hours on the game, im about 30% through level 3

Thx for the tips Thomo its been much faster than Gen, but still a bit slow and pricey

I got my hands on 4 xens, but it seems they might be more expensive than their worth?
I feel like each round of killing 3-4 attys/dessys im repairing for 30-40k, im thinking about selling the xens and getting something cheaper, because they dont seem to shred through the bots that quickly anyway

Other than that, I got some overall feedback I hope ill get some time to post it soon
I'm looking forward to what you have to post Raynor. I was only playing for a few months before Dia shut down (only got to a Helio Hunter) and I don't remember too much about how I actually got there :p
AChillingSight (formally Genix Ðëæ and You_Moron)