Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1.3 Release Notes
I believe there is an issue with the 1.3 patch as well. After the update it doesn't launch just chews up GPU and resources.
Merry Christmas to all the team!
Quick one for you guys, has anyone else just gone pop while sat in space with no one shooting them or hull dropping ?

It's happened to me a few times now and I dont know why. It just happened to me sat outside JK with two Klynn in the sector but no shooting. It happened a few times to me in my Arachne fighter in the Velic zone too...

Looked at the death tab and it was the Klynn who killed me but I had no indication that they were even shooting me. No hull drop or gun fire....
Guild chat is bugged. You can select that option, type you message and hit send but nothing happens. Player doesn’t receive and sender doesn’t even see it appear in the chat.
Seems like people post bugs here instead of in the bug reporter website so here's a couple:
1) Chat icon in game still shows chat color for loot pickups even if you have the output disabled
2) Hanger does not show number of gun or accessory ports for ships
3) I'm still getting the jump lag from 'jump ready' to actually being able to jump
4) trade value updates are sporadic after a couple hours of trading, not sure if this is a client or server issue.
Description: When I first start trading, the trade values update with-in a 1 minute or so of the timer reaching 00:00. But after a couple of hours of trading the values take longer to update. Last night I played for about 6 hours and by the 6th hour, it was taking 20 minutes after 00:00 had been reached for the trade values to update. One planet updated with a timer of 60ish minutes (which I presume to be correct) another updated with only 20ish minutes left. Despite both taking about 15 minutes to update after 00:00 had occurred.
AChillingSight (formally Genix Ðëæ and You_Moron)
Hi everyone, after giving a few days to the game I figured I should write down my thoughts and post in the forum.
most of this feedback probably repeats a lot of things that already been said, but I didnt read through the forum posts so ill just put it here unfiltered.

First an foremost, it was very exciting to see the old diaspora in a new suit - and the suit is beautiful !
Have to say I know its still in beta but I almost didnt experience any bugs so far, at least not important ones.
I just love the planet backgrounds, the ships models are awesome, and I especially like the gates look and VC (is it? the one with the lightening storms)

As for the gameplay -
Getting ahead takes too long, much too long. And its a bit boring as well. In our world, the ex-diaspora freaks, it might be okay to grind hours upon hours but I dont think thatll hold for new players.
Theres gonna have to be some theme in the beginning at least - playing through quests or missions mixed with the farming (I read that its coming, good).
As of now even if you are willing to grind - repairs are much much too expensive. I saved a lot for xens, they dont seem to be much stronger than the other guns but every 2-3 hunters in velic i have to pay 40k.

Not to mention some help/tutoring - there needs to be a lot of explanations along the way either in game or in the site.

Here is a dump of everything that came to mind while playing:

LOGIN
login should allow tab tab enter, right now I actually have to CLICK THE MOUSE to login
when closing the game and clikcing play again it says unable to validate my user, have to close the entire launcher (which should be replaced, as Ive thats the plan so thats good)
rarely after login it spins forever and never takes u to the game, happened to me a couple times - gets stuck on the "connecting to game server..", after closing and relaunching the launcher it works

JUMP
maps are beautiful
searching players - LRU is a must, hovering with the mouse on the auto complete messes up the typing, after pressing enter you cant delete and search again - you have to click the mouse on the text box
im guessing were not going for zone/launched counts on the jump screen? Smile

MENUES
beautiful, but missing contrast, they blend in with the background and also blend in with each other (no borders), the sounds tho are very very compelling and addicting Smile
guild, inbox and rest of the sub screens are very good
research/quests/stocks are intruigging, cant wait to see whats in store
repairing takes too much clicks and waiting (hangar animation takes time), you need to be able to click click launch, in and out quickly
selling goods UX is cool
selling guns - i tried to sell all the guns in a row of clicks, second click sold my entire ship Sad
sometimes launch doesnt work, i have to click on some sub menu then back then launch

HUD
a bit too messy when you get attacked in my taste
no sounds when you get attacked (must!!)
being able to use scroll for shields is a must
chat is problematic - takes realestate from the node view, conflicts with clicking on other ships. its not comfortable to work with.
chat customization options are really nice, very helpful
chat notifications are unclear - i tried to set them off but it keeps painting red
engaging has a little unwanted delay, and also if you switch targets you have to click twice
hull indicator on the attacked ship and not only on the hud would be welcome

WINDOW
can i make the window smaller? i want it windowed and to do other stuff in pallel but it takes too much of the screen
(resizing doesnt really stick)
also - when its windows, cursor is confined to the window borders and u have to alt+tab to get out

So far I have to say very well done! Hope this grows to be a big game.
Unfortunately things ended a bit to soon for me when I lost the progress of a couple of days and SR made it clear that there are no refunds at this point. Knowing that I cant continue playing regularly when the game is still at a flaky stage.
However, whenever mass participation is needed or some specific feature tests are called for id be willing to jump in.
Let me know how I can help and good luck with the launch!
"JUMP
maps are beautiful
searching players - LRU is a must, hovering with the mouse on the auto complete messes up the typing, after pressing enter you cant delete and search again - you have to click the mouse on the text box
im guessing were not going for zone/launched counts on the jump screen? "

LRU?
Raynor all good suggestions, we will revisit this list right after update as the new update covers some of your points. Couldn't agree more with you on some points specifically the menus blending and the ole gal shouting warning when people attack. I don't want to get to detailed until the patch is out todayish so we don't go over things twice but we will double check all these once patch is out and start a new list of fixes and changes for the next patch.
(01-07-2018, 12:27 PM)StarReaper Wrote: "JUMP
maps are beautiful
im guessing were not going for zone/launched counts on the jump screen? "

LRU?

LRU MRU least/most recently used
Meaning I should have my last name searched already in the box him awe I’m chasig someone)
And should be able to scroll through the recent names I searched and not retype them all over again

(01-07-2018, 12:34 PM)StarReaper Wrote: Raynor all good suggestions, we will revisit this list right after update as the new update covers some of your points. Couldn't agree more with you on some points specifically the menus blending and the ole gal shouting warning when people attack. I don't want to get to detailed until the patch is out todayish so we don't go over things twice but we will double check all these once patch is out and start a new list of fixes and changes for the next patch.

Yep I’m glad to provide feedback, makes sense to wait for the new version and then go over the remaining items

Anyway once the new version is out I’ll take it for a spin for a few hours to give another round of feedback
Some suggestions:
- Right Click to pickup goods
- A way to jettison goods?
- Instead of showing goods on board/# of different goods, maybe put Cargo Used/Total Capacity
- Explosion sound when you kill an enemy
- It is way to easy to sell your whole ship at the moment, maybe you should add in an "Are you sure you want to do this?" message
- XP/Total for rank ups, better to understand your progress than to guess or estimate based on leaderboards
- Sell All button instead of selling X units multiple times
- Maybe make the HUD more user friendly, identify whats clickable and what isn't. If most of it is unclickable, might be time to take a minimalist approach.
- How many online/in zone/ launched
- Also, why can't i just use enter to login?